You don’t have to live with it!!
Christi Gilliam, PT, CLT, our pelvic floor specialist and Donna Poss, PTA at McMinnville Physical Therapy help both MEN and WOMEN who experience pelvic floor disorders such as: urinary and fecal incontinence, urinary frequency and urgency, pelvic pain, pre and post obstetric issues, prolapse and prostate disorders.
Pelvic floor disorders are commonly caused by tight, weak, spasmed and uncoordinated pelvic floor muscles. Involvement of the lower abdominals, lower back and hip muscles will also be addressed by our pelvic floor specialist.
Physical therapy can help both men's and women’s pelvic floor disorders with a collaboration of techniques.
1. Therapeutic exercises to help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
2. Manual therapy for soft tissue mobilization, myofascial and trigger point release and connective tissue manipulation.
3. Biofeedback muscle training to allow patients awareness of pelvic floor activity at rest and during strengthening exercises.
4. Electrical stimulation may be applied with external electrodes for gentle and soothing pulses to decrease pain perception.
5. Breathing mechanism and postural education to reduce abnormal altered postures and abnormal pressures into the abdominal and pelvic area.
Christi Gilliam, PT, CLT had post graduate training at eh Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute for
Female Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment
Pregnancy and Postpartum
Other training and education:
Prostate Cancer Rehabilitation